status page colors????

I've messed around with numbers in several development versions the
problem I have is how to represent different reports for the same
window.  ie: one window has a 'heard' and a 'telemetry only' OR say a
'heard' and a 'not heard.'  I don't like the orange color I'm using
currently.  What would the number say?  Do you have any other algorithm
ideas for this?  Varying the color is possible however there are a few
caveats.  Web browsers display 256 colors reliably (only a small subset
of the 256^3 that a page can code for).  In the case of a 'heard' and a
'not heard' report,  if we just picked the color between  blue and red
it would be purple.  In cases where there are non-equal numbers of the
different report types, we could pick the color of the major type and
then darken it some amount based on the proportions of reports.  This
still does not deal elegantly with the one of each scenartio.  Any ideas?

-KD5QGR
studying? whats that? ;)