Re: Slowing down the Yaesu 5400

In a message dated 8/27/03 6:09:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, vlfiscus@mcn.net
writes:

> Someone away back had a way to slow down the 5400, so the azimuth wouldn't
>  rotate as fast and whip the antennas around and for more accurate
>  pointing.  I can't remember their method or interface. Does anyone
remember
>  it?
>
>  I think it involved controlling the rotor motors with a stepper type setup
>  or pulsing the supply voltage.

Michael, DB6NT described his design in VHF Communications Q2 - 2002 pg 66-68.
It uses pulse motor control and a semiconductor relay. You can see it in his
catalog available at:

http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/

The PCB is available for 7,90 Euro according to the pricelist.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator