More VUSat Info - Modes and Frequencies

Stan WA1ECF wrote:
>Not good news for me.
>
>With a downlink on the 70 cm band and a nearby PAVE PAWS multi megawatt radar,
>I can suffer through the degradation to FM reception,  but the degradation
>to a linear mode like ssb
>will be catastrophic, making the band totally unusable for this ssb satellite.

Here is the information I have gleaned from the AMSAT-India website:

Mode U/V (Mode B) uplink
20KHz linear transponder 1W output
Uplink  435.800 CW/SSB
Downlink        145.800 CW/SSB

Beacon: 145.800 CW/FM

 From what I can glean from AMSAT-India website [
http://www.amsat-india.org ] the launch using PSLV to put the satellite
into a sun-synchronous polar orbit.  More info on PSLV can be found in the
ISRO website [ http://www.isro.org/pslv.htm ]

- Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7
http://www.projectoscar.net