RE: [amsat-bb] Re: the picture I sent to GŁnther

Lars,
I'll think about your hypothesis this evening however at first blush I
don't think that is the solution. My questions are framed around the
past observations that include full daily USA passes of AO40 on the HP.
When the passband is turned off, as it was, there is basically no
spacecraft noise floor. The noise floor is the retransmission of the
receivers that are patched through the matrix. There were none. I think
the noise was generated by the fact that the MB was patched through the
Leila system and then to the K & S2 transmitters. This is not the normal
configuration (I don't think). As to how this config caused the issue is
beyond me. Someone more familiar with the internals of the bird would
have to comment. The noise floor did wax and wane in sync with the MB,
so it did emanate from the bird tx. The increase in the noise floor was
disproportionate to the MB as compared with traditional relationships
between the two so it had nothing to do with the MA or the squint.
Oh well, interesting brain tickler..
Regards,
Gunther
W8GSM