AO-16 operation

What kind of equipment (preamps, antenna gain, ERP, etc) is necessary to
operate AO-16?  Its making pretty good passes over me lately and I'd
like to give it a try.  I have a FT-470 with a small 70cm beam and
IC-207h modified to recieve below the 440 band.  I know that this is all
FM gear but it would be cool at least to detect the bird.  Thanks for
any help,
-David Carr
KD5QGR