Question to Sat ops about ISS

Folks

I might have misunderstood, and I certainly don't wish to make waves, but it
intrigues me as to why folks who are interested in operating amateur
satellites might not be interested in ISS amateur operations, manned or
unmanned.

I can understand why operators interested in manned ISS contacts might not
be interested in unmanned satellites, and I can see that this justifies a
separate SAREX list.

Not a criticism, just interested as to why this may be the case, and if I've
misunderstood, tell me!

Personally I find both sides fascinating.

73 Howard G6LVB