Re: Arrow 14 el 70CM RHCP

At 08:36 PM 8/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>  I'm now working on tuning up the harness. I'm in the process of trimming
>the 70 ohm section's. I'm off till Wednesday, so I plan on doing some more
>testing tomorrow, then mounting the arrow on the main crossboom, and A B C
>D'ing my KLM 40cx, the arrow in RHCP,the Arrow in LHCP, and the Arrow in
>Vertical, or Horizontal? (Would horizontal or vertical make a difference?),
>on  Tuesday morning's AO40 pass.  I usually run about 7 watts with the KLM,
>I have 50 watts  available for the Arrow. I'm particularly interested in
>what the Arrow will do with 20 watts(FT-100, FT-817 portable system). I will
>report on the difference I get with the three, using the KLM as a baseline.
>I will then send all data I collect to all that emailed me here, and
>privately. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this. I myself am
>curious if I will see a difference between the two Arrow configurations. I
>will start at a squint of 20 , I will test till a squint of 3.

Hi Jeff,

I too have been reading the discourse with interest.  I can tell you that
it will work.  I use an old five element arrow (2M elements removed) that
I've added 6 elements to, using a piece of pvc, and Al clothesline wire for
the elements.  the addition is removeable so I can stow it in my car, and I
use it for FD and other portable set-ups.

I use an old Kenwood 851 for the uplink ~20 watts output, and no one has
any trouble hearing me at squints well over 25...see gardnant.jpg at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....