Re: Heard AO-40 on Saturday

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear from you.  You go!

Make sure you check the MA off the beacon - if it's over 220 the
transponder may be off.  It cut me ff in the middle of a
conversation.  Several people said they heard the beacon (which is on the
entire orbit) but not their downlink - this may be why.

I'll be happy to arrange a sked with you. It's great to run into
UO-14/FO-29 friends like you on AO-40.  I'm a newbie there too, but it's great.

73,

Emily

At 11:46 PM 8/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>After following the suggestions of several on the listserv, I did hear AO-40
>on my K5GNA dish.  Heard the MB fairly strong but the stations I could pick
>up (heard the AO-40 MB plus 20 net) were much weaker, barely above the noise
>floor.
>
>I will be putting in the W0EEC mod to the dish and putting a layer of metal
>screen on the dish to help bring up the level.  I am surprised that I could
>hear the MB that well but not the other conversations ?
>
>Suggestions ?
>
>I am going to straighten out the receive end first before trying to
>transmit.
>
>Ron
>Ka4kyi
>

>----

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7
http://www.projectoscar.net