Heard AO-40 on Saturday

After following the suggestions of several on the listserv, I did hear AO-40
on my K5GNA dish.  Heard the MB fairly strong but the stations I could pick
up (heard the AO-40 MB plus 20 net) were much weaker, barely above the noise
floor.

I will be putting in the W0EEC mod to the dish and putting a layer of metal
screen on the dish to help bring up the level.  I am surprised that I could
hear the MB that well but not the other conversations ?

Suggestions ?

I am going to straighten out the receive end first before trying to
transmit.

Ron
Ka4kyi