Mystery Noise floor on AO-40

I also have observed the noise floor jump up after the passband was shut
down and AO-40 was approaching perigee. Here are the noted facts:
Orbit # 1291
Observation from MA 240 - 252
Noise floor jumped 5-6 S units to S6 (MB at the time was S9)My
traditional noise floor without Passband is S 0.5-S1.0..
Squint: 92 degrees @ MA251
Noise occupied 160 khz (MB +/- 80khz) ( Based on visual observation of
HP Spectrum Analyzer)
Interesting observation: Based on good FEC blocks the IF matrix showed
MB > Leila  / Leila > K-S2 I do not recall that the MB is normally
patched through the Leila??
Other: Magnet system was ON as of course was IHU-2
INTERESTING.
Gunther
W8GSM