ANS bulletins, lack of information.

It is getting harder and harder to inspire hams with the lack of information
reguarding Amateur radio satellite's , the last several times in reading the
ANS AMSAT Weekly Bulletins on our local vhf AMSAT satellite net, there has
been very little to do with amateur satellites, and activities.

what can we do to help in getting articals and information added to the ANS
bulletins?
possible topics:

Maybe have a section with AMSAT coordinators updates as to what is going on
in there area.

local satellite net reports from local repeaters

reports from the NCS of the AO-40 Plus 20 net

operators who would like to report on operating conditions for different
satellite's from the past week

reports from command teams of the different satellites (specially from the
satellites that are having troubles), even if it is just a brief status
report

operators list new countries they have worked in the last week, which in
turn may spark a interest in activities

be nice to get more frequent status reports from the different teams that
are building satellites, even if it is little progress.

have a section for different url links for anyone who has photos giving a
satellite demos or a presentation, or building a new satellite setup.

remember that the editors of ANS bulletins can not pull articals and reports
out of thin air "WE" have to help, I am sure there are more topics that can
be listed, but need to get started because with out any good reports it is
hard to inspire others to get involved in satellite communications.

AMSAT member 27994
AMSAT Area Coordinator
NZHE
Greg Wycoff
Conway Springs, Ks.
Grid EM17ej

worked the following satellites
AO-13, AO-10, AO-40, AO-27, FO-20, FO-29
RS-10, RS15, RS-12/13,  SO-35, UO-14, SO-41
SO-50, KO-23, KO25, TO-31, UO-22
MIR/MIR-R, STS-67, ISS

Home web page:
http://www.havilandtelco.com/~gregwycoff