RE: being heard over LEILA siren

Gary Gonnella wrote:

I have been watching this discussion and I am amazed at the uninformed
opinions.

Wayne W9AE replies:

Maybe you weren't watching on Friday at 10:22 AM when I wrote:
"L-band uplinks aren't notched by LEILA, but the loud siren is still there."

The LEILA siren is darn loud, about 4 dB below the beacon.  I agree that
L-band signals are generally copyable on top of the LEILA siren, but it's
not perfect copy.  It's kind of like listening to your wife while your kids
are shouting in the same room.  Everybody is affected by LEILA to some
extent.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA