Re: working split on DXpeditions

I'm still of two minds of working split intentionally.  It seems to me
there's enough unintentional splitting going on, but will continue to
mull it over.

OK, two more topics of discussion:
Computer tuning, what's the best program?  I'd use Instanttune, but
don't want to give up the whole computer, and am not sure that the
PCMCIA serial ports I use are compatible, anyway.  I want to be able
to use a IC706MKIIG and one of a 706, FT817 or PCR1000 for the
downlink.  Will NOVA do what I want?

Is an Lband uplink practical for a lightweight DXpedition?  People are
talking about good-sized dishes for this.  How could this be done?
A 60cm dish is a hassle, even.  My druthers would be for all you guys
at home to use L up, and leave the U up for me!!!! (that's a joke).

73, doug

not even back from one trip, and working on the next