RE: FO-29 QRT?

Hi Chuck,

I don't think it's lost - though it may have lost it's way (HIHI).  I think
what probably happened is the control operator put it in packet mode.  I
sent email to Masa to ask him if he can talk to the control operators and
let me know if this is permanent or temporarily.

When FO-29 was launched it used to have a schedule of being on in packet
mode for some period and in Voice mode for some other period and they would
alternate.  Maybe JARL has decided to go back to that mode.  Since we have
an overhead pass in about 90 minutes I'm going to try to see if the packet
system was activated or if it's just the digitalker itself.  I've never
worked FO-29 in packet mode (or any other satellite for that matter other
than PCsat) so this will be an  interesting experience.  I'm going to log
everything so it will be interesting to see what I get (if anything.)  I'm
going to have to figure out what the callsign is - Satscape doesn't have
that in it's database.

73,

- Emily