Re: TZ6RD operation..

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffrey Griffin <jeffrey.griffin@comcast.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] TZ6RD operation..

>   I like the split idea, and the by the numbers routine myself. Exactly
what
> you would use on HF in a pileup. Perhaps, by the numbers would be less
> confusing for everyone involved.

With all respect, allow me to desagree again.
My HF experience teach me working by numbers, even working split,
is the most anoying system (only surpassed by list/net system).
Maybe on satellite will not be as bad as HF (the pile up will never
be so big), but even so, as me is concern, I think the best system is
Split with a rx window 5 to 10 up (more if needed, but never more
than 15kHz wide). It's the only system that garanties a fair chance
for everybody, and awards the ability (not the EIRP) of the Dx chaser.
Of course, this system demands more work on the Dx operator side.
That's why it's not so used...

As TZ operation is concerned, I think Doud did a Fantastic job.
Only a person with his patience would have take it so easy.
I probably would have said "SPREAD OUT GUYS" :0)
CU soon on AO-40

73 F.Costa, CT1EAT
www.qsl.net/ct1eat