Re: TZ6RD operation..

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:43:15 -0500 (CDT) Wayne Estes W9AE
<w9ae@earthlink.net> writes: (A whole lot snipped)

> Yesterday I received some interesting comments from Neil regarding
> his AO40 operation in Lesotho and Swaziland.
 (snip)
 He was also surprised at the number of
> satellite operators who were unable or unwilling to use CW (he
> operates in VHF contests where CW is widely used).

I am amazed about this also!  For the first 10 or 11 years I was on
satellites, ALL
my contacts were on CW, thousands of them.  I think I had to get on voice
to work
one state to get  W.A.S.  Sometimes if I was calling CQ on CW, someone on
SSB
would answer me. Sometimes when someone else was calling CQ on SSB,
I would call them on CW and they would come right back and we would
complete
the QSO.