Re: Local AMSAT net

Hi Gerry,

Congratulations!  I just got on AO-40 yesterday myself.

At present there isn't any AMSAT net in the bay area.  A few of us are
trying to work on it, but it may take some time to figure out what
repeaters might let us do it.  We thought about a simplex net but that has
it's problems as some of us (me included) are on "the wrong side of the
hill" (meaning on the western side of the peninsula.) Hang in there though.

- Emily

At 10:18 AM 8/19/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi:
>Brand new to AO-40 and wonder if there is an AMSAT 2m/70cm net in the San
>Francisco/Santa Clara bay area?
>Thanks,
>73,
>Gerry Rolle