TZ6RD operation..

As an avid DXer both HF and satellite I feel this needs to be said:

I have been working DX on HF since 1960.  I need only two more entities
to have all the current ones worked.  Yes, I'm a relative newcommer to
satellite DXing having been at that only about 10 years.  When I
eventually upgraded to Mode B, AO-13 was on its way down and AO-10 was
never very easy or reliable.  Nevertheless, I managed to work some 90
satellite entities via the LEO birds and a few on AO-10.  Now that I'm
able to work AO-40 very effeciently I must make a few comments about the
horrible operating manners that I observed during the early morning of
Aug. 19th on the TZ6RD operation.  The dog eat dog mannerisms are an
everyday occurance on HF but I always thought that satellite operators
were of a much different breed.  There were a number of ops who made
complete fools of themselves.  There was so much aaalllooowing,
whistling, testing on Doug's down link frequency by guys trying to find
themselves.  Many who did make it through were unable to copy a
confirmation of their call before more were calling even as Doug was
transmitting.   Yes, he was weak but never within the two hours I
monitored (0730-0930 UTC) did he reach a point where he was not at least
Q4 and most of the time Q5.  Yes, I popped my call in when he was calling
CQ with almost no takers just to confirm I was in the log.  I gave my
call twice and Doug replied "K0BLT, you are in the log."  A few minutes
later I returned to bed.  Don't get me wrong.  I have been an aggressive
DXer in the past but that was when I used an amplifier on HF.  I have not
used more than 100 watts in nearly 20 years.  I don't know if we've
learned anything from this operation or not.  Let's hope that if such a
rare satellite entity were to appear again, would we be faced with a
similar situation??  Keep in mind that operations from Cocos-Keeling and
Christmas are scheduled for this fall and Doug is scheduled to go to
Banaba in the spring.  Is it possible for us to hone our operating skills
enough that we can make it a pleasure for both sides of the operation?
There was just one instance when I noted a sense of hostility from Mali.
There was one station in the U.S. who worked him early on in my
monitoring time.  I heard the confirmation of his call not once but at
least three times.  Yet this station continued to call and finally Doug's
statement was, "********, you are in the log but one more time and you
won't be".  Totally understandable in that the first priority of such an
expedition is to work as many DIFFERENT calls on differednt modes/bands
as possible.  There were several others who called in as I did just to
confirm their calls were in the log.  Those stations did so when it
appeared that no ones else was calling TZ6RD at the time.  That, to me,
is not bad operating procedure.  I did not attempt to make a 2nd
confirmation contact with VP6DIA and found out later that my call did not
appear in the log!!  I noted that the Ducie operation was similar but not
nearly as badly plagued with poor operating procedures.

Please excuse my taking up of so much bandwidth.  I just had to get this
off my chest.

73 to all.   Frank, K0BLT