Bali QSO party, Belize on AO40

It's wonderful that people in the USA 3rd and 4th call districts were able to make the contact with the Bali QSO party.  That's really pushing the DX window.

Lots of stations were there to call the Bali QSO party.  I wonder how many of them were retired and how many of them were taking a long lunch break like me?  I worked YB0KTQ from my employer's parking lot using my portable AO40 antenna kit.

Tomorrow I will ship the AO40 antenna kit to AA4MD/V31KD who will use it in Belize on August 30-31.  That's not rare for North Americans because of frequent UO14 activity.  But it's rare for Europe and Japan.  With 50W uplink power he won't be as weak as the 7P and 3DA stations that only had 20W.  In addition I re-tuned the uplink antenna and I'm loaning him a Heil HC-5 microphone and DYC-817 compressor that add punch to the uplink audio.  This is the same setup that gave FG/W9AE a good uplink.  Hopefully the compressor is now immune to 70cm RFI after adding a ferrite choke to the microphone cord.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA