Using IC290/490 for satellite

After dithering for far too long I've just bought an Icom IC290/490 pair on eBay to have a go at satellite working for the first time. I intend trying a few birds but especially AO40.

I already have the down-converter, amp and aerials.

There's no documentation, so I hope someone can help with a few questions -

Is it possible to link the IC290 and IC490 together for tracking (either directly or via an interface/computer) ?

Does the IC290 send DC up the co-ax ?

Do these radios have any quirks that I should be aware of ?

Thanks
Steve G4GXL