RE: (SOUND CARD TESTING RESULTS) AO-40 K-Band and FEC telemetry

Howard:

You will not be disappointed.  After I finish adding
RTTY and PSK to the SDR-1000 software (got to get it
done before the DCC), I will be making measurements showing
the huge increase in sensitivity of the SDR-1000 (the number
one complaint about it) with the 24 bit card high end card.
There is no free lunch with these software defined radios.
You can do really nice things in software but you have to
pay the analog piper somewhere and there is no substitution
for dynamic range!

The reason for my wanting one for amateur radio will be self
evident if you see the talk(s) AB2KT and I are giving at
DCC and AMSAT-NA convention.  The sample rates are necessary
as you say for both the UoSAT's and the proposed L/S band
system on AMSAT-Echo.

Hope to see you in Toronto.
Best73's
Bob