RE: (SOUND CARD TESTING RESULTS) AO-40 K-Band and FEC telemetry

Indeed, it is one of those I looked at and had to push aside
because it was no longer available.  I find that for the
audiophile and intense DSP dynamic range needs, that the
Lynx 22L from

http://www.lynxstudio.com/lynxl22.html

is the current best of all those I have tested and in the
still available category.  I am using it for a project
at work.

The other two versions just have more gazintas and gazooutas,
the Lynx 2 in particular.  The Lynx 22L just has a bunch of
the sites for the extra I/O empty as you can see from
display in the URL above.

Again, I think that for most peoples needs (unless you are
doing software defined radios, etc.) the Turtle Beach
Santa Cruz, properly adjusted, is just fab and it is a
$50 card.  The RightMark Audio tester really showed how
this card shines compared to all other 16 bit sound cards
I tested. Some were near, but not equivalent.  The
Audigy 2 from SB is a decent 24 bit card but the Lynx22L
blows it away (for 3 times as much money).

Bob, N4HY