Fastrack onto AO-40

I bought the K5GNA plug-n-play AO-40 solution and it arrived at 11:25 this
AM.
I hadn't made any preparations - didn't think it would arrive until next week.

I put together some PVC pipe and stuck it on my balcony (I live in a
townhouse), put the dish together and mounted it, and plugged it in to my
Icom 910H and downloaded AO-40 Rcv.   At Noon, 35 minutes later, I'm
getting good CRCs off the middle beacon.  Took me a while to find the MB,
but I found it at 30kc above where I expected it.  Looking over the status
I will have a lot to learn (like - what's an AMSAT day?)

Here's a quick picture of what the dish and mount look like....
[ http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC/AO-40-Dish.jpg ]

I obviously have a number of things to do (like re-configure my transmit
antenna - see N5AFV's Gallery 2 for a picture of that) before I make my
first QSO, but it's definitely possible to put together a system in a very
short period of time.

73 - Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA