Re: Toronto

OK....you want my actual experience flying into Toronto for the last
Symposium...that was 1997!  I was asked for TWO pieces of ID, one of which
had to be either a passport or birth certificate.  Since I used to live in
Michigan and drove over the border with just my drivers license, I was
caught unaware.  So if FLYING in you are treated as an international
traveler and MUST have the two pieces.

I was almost not admitted until a I persuaded the customs agent that I was
attending a conference (not as a speaker) and could show my exit plane
ticket in 3-days.  Voter registration and social security card were not
sufficient with a drivers license.

You can take a chance that any of us know what we are talking about, OR go
check with Canadian Customs directly...they have a wonderfully complete
website.  I have heard that car travel requires two IDs now.  I have
freinds in the NW who recently traveled into BC on VHF contest as a rover
and had considerable trouble with the mobile radios equipment passing thru
the border!

DO register with US Customs your ham gear (you need your proof of
ownership...invoices).  DO check directly with Canadian Customs.  DO have
your ham license if taking radio gear!  I can be embarassing and expensive
to find yoursef barred from entry or having your gear confiscated!!!  The
TIMES have changed.  BTW I phoned the customs office in Winnepeg in advance
when I traved there in 1999 (Central States VHF) and it made the entry very
smooth...they even remembered me!

73, Ed- AL7EB
PS:  taking a pet requires vet papers documenting health and shots records
to bring them into Canada.