BPL

I couldn't help but think.

I just filed a comment with the FCC over the BPL issue.  This is one of
those things that no doubt Big Money will win out on.  However I did at
least try.  The thing that frustrates me the most is that this all
encompassing network will serve what function?  The vast majority of
Americans do not need high speed internet.  Sure it is nice for my children
to be able to talk to new friends who is a 45 year old psychopath.  It is
also nice that people will be able to illegally download music and videos.
It is a great thing that porn will be more easily passed.  Spamers will be
able to work form home.  Hackers will have new opportunities to infect your
computer.

Maybe I am naieve, but I just do not know of many  legitimate uses for high
speed internet fo the average guy.  I can go to Walmart to buy music and
videos.  My daughter still knows how to dial a phone.  And I keep a garbage
can by my mail box for junk mail.  (I have never had to update this can so
that it can filter out any infected mail)

The whole thing is just a lot of dollar signs, and it makes me sick.

73's

Jeff VanMeter KA8HQL