Re: Toronto

Actually, that's a pretty good question.

I deal with US/Canada Customs and Immigration on an almost daily basis.

Here's a handy link to the Canada Citizenship & Immigration page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

There are issues that may prevent access for some visitors heading to
Toronto this year. Canada has a term known as 'undesirable' that is
sometimes applied to individuals that have been convicted of or accused
of crimes considered serious in Canada.

An example is a DWI or DUI within the last 10 years. Many individuals
are turned around at the border for past DUI convictions in the US.
Other felony convictions or in some cases just felony 'charges' can be
reason enough to be denied entry into Canada.

The Canada Citizenship & Immigration site has more information on these
issues including Guides & Forms for such issues.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/rehabil.html

Any individual that has been accused of, charged with, or convicted of a
Felony in the US may wish to contact Immigration in advance of his/her
visit to Canada. (Or a Canadian Embassy) If you find a staff member or
Officer with a little time, they may be willing to run your social
security number for a background check. They can determine if you need
to do more homework previous to your visit.

To answer your original question: In most cases, a valid drivers license
with photo is acceptable from US Citizens. If you have a Certified copy
of your Birth Certificate it will add a touch of security for your
visit. (I've rarely been asked for either during my visits by car)

I don't want anyone to be alarmed by this. But it's important to be
informed. Living close to the US/Canada border and dealing with crossing
issues as frequently as I do, it's important to know these things. If
you have any concerns, check it out before you leave.

Enjoy the trip!

Mark - N0NSV