Re: Re: Question on AO-40 for downlink

Wayne:

I'm not on A0-40 often, but when I am, it's portable, do to my location on
the north side of a mountain.  In my area (North Carolina), I think roughly
55 degrees is maximum elevation.  Your mileage may vary, of course.  If
you're farther south than I am, you'll need to be able to point a bit
higher.  With a 9 call, you might be farther north than I am, and therefore
not need so much elevation.

For exact numbers, might I suggest running pass predictions spread across a
period of time (I think six months would do it) with the tracking program
of your choice?

See ya someday on AO-40!

73,

Paul W4SKI