Re: USA hams need GEOsat :-)

William Leijenaar wrote:

> But I think it's a good example that ham radio can still be very usefull
> when commercial communications fails.
> So I suggest the GEOsat would be helpfull for hams in USA :-)
> Hmmm or maybe two of these sats... :-)

Actually, ECARS was passing traffic and collecting outage reports on
7.255 MHz as usual (despite interefence from foriegn broadcast stations).

I'm not sure which statewide RACES nets might have been activated on HF,
but given the scope of the outage, HF radio was just about the perfect
emergency communications medium.

Personally I don't think a GEOsat would have been a lot of help.

  73 de Maggie K3XS

--
-----/___.   _)   Margaret Stephanie Leber    / "The art of progress is/
----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie   / to preserve order amid /