RE: Question on AO-40 for downlink

Ron,

It depends on where you are in North America.  I am at ~40 degrees N, and
right now I get passes up to 55 degrees of elevation.  The further north you
are, the lower the maximum number, and contrary wise the further south.
Also, the plane of the orbit wanders a bit over a couple of years.  You can
get a definitive answer by running some passes in a program like
InstantTrack, or just plan for a full 0-90 degrees.

Alan
WA4SCA

The simplest way to explain the behavior of any
bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is
controlled by a cabal of its enemies.

Robert Conquest