RE: USA hams need GEOsat :-)

William,

Sorry, but we will have to blame Canada.  :)!
(You have to watch South Park to get the reference.)

>From Associated Press:

Canadian officials said Thursday that a massive power outage across the
Northeast and parts of Canada was caused by a lightning strike at the
Niagara power plant. "We have been informed that lightning struck a power
plant in the Niagara region on the U.S. side," said Jim Munson, a spokesman
for Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Alan
WA4SCA

Freedom is not free.
It is bought at a high price.