From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Ronald Nutter
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 4:32 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Question on AO-40 for downlink

I am putting together an AO-40 station that will also be portable.  My
question is the amount of tilt I need to have for the antennas to point
to the bird.  I have a commercial grade tripod that I will be starting
out with.  Assuming that straight ahead of you is 0 degrees and straight
above is 90 degrees, in north america, how far above 0 degrees should I
expect to be able to point the antennas to see AO-40 ?

Thanks,

Ron
Ka4kyi