Re: BBQ Dish Sanity - more info

Hi Hasan,

I didn't keep the email but I believe it was Bob, K5GNA who
thought he might be able to get 1m' perforated round dishes.

A 1m round perf dish would be very welcome! I looked for one
of these and was unable to find one, only solid dishes. With
the right feed, this would be pretty close to the BUD guys
as you could be nearly at the noise floor at max range
(assuming 23dB gain and .5 dB NF preamp.) and still use
a fairly wimpy rotator depending on how much wind you get.

With the grid dish you can only hope to get within 3 dB of
this (using a proper feed.) Although this would be pretty
good performance and would be perfectly fine almost all the
time, it isn't in the BUD class.

73,

Tony AA2TX