From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of hasan schiers
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 17:05
To: Anthony Monteiro
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] BBQ Dish Sanity - more info

Tony,

Thanks for all your work on the Andrews BBQ. I have one that I have been
VERY pleased with. It is "original" from HyperLink Technologies and my
experience with a calibrated attenuator showed me that it worked quite well.
Gene Marcus' program matched my real world measurements. (I'm using a
UEK-3000 d/c)

My operating experience pretty well showed that I was hearing better than
90% of the people I talked to on the bird. Obviously a 1 meter dish with Jim
Miller's patch feed would do about 5 to 6 dB better. That would be my next
step, if I was willing to watch my KR-500 elevation rotor get destroyed.

What was that you were saying about a 1 meter perforated dish? I wonder what
it might cost, and if it would have an acceptable f/D ratio for the G3RUH
circular patch feed?

TIA

...hasan, N0AN