Re: AO-40

Hello Nodir,

Wednesday, August 13, 2003, 7:06:42 AM, you wrote:

> My main goal is to receive MB on 2401.323. I wounder if this beacon
> transmits all the time? Will transponder430/2.4 be operational my Friday
> Night?

> Still collecting reading materials and hope to be more educated shortly.

we will be very happy to see you on AO-40. For all information please visit
www.amsat-dl.org and then go to AO-40 Update. There you find the schedule,
when AO-40 passband is open. The beacon is always transmitting. Depending on
the MA-value you should look for the beacon from 2401.310 to 2401.350 MHz.
With lower MA the beacon frequency is lower.
On the mentioned page you also find a service of myself. If you send me
your locator I will send you a list with times when AO-40 is available in
your QTH. You may also download the list program for free and create the
list by yourself: www.amsat-dl.org/vertrieb/hasat-list.zip

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM