Re: "Two Hundred Meters and Down," 2003 edition

Phil,

	I think your argument is un-sound.
	First of all, most man made interference and noise *is* avoidable.
Particularly noise and interference created by poor spectrum management
decisions and poor design/construction of consumer electronics.
	Second, your comparison of Amateur Radio to commercial communications
isn't valid. Commercial communications services have specific, easily
defined goals. By the standard of commercial services, ham radio would be
a dozen or more different services with different purposes, using different
communication techniques, frequencies and equipment.
	I do agree that digital modulation using FEC techniques is a valuable
tool for many (not all) disciplines within amateur radio. But it isn't the
solution to the potential BPL problem.
	In fact, I think promoting this argument could actually aid the supporters
of BPL in their quest to make money while making our HF bands useless.

Steve .. AI7W