RE: Question about the IC-910H on satellite

Hi Howard,

Here is the method I use to work FM satellites on the 910H:

1) Set in Satellite mode with uplink in sub and downlink in main
2) If SO-50, set the PL Tone for the sub band to 67Hz
3) Lock the sub band [S] so that it stays on the center frequency
4) Tune the main band up ~8KHz and set the AFC to on.

When the signal appears, the AFC should automatically center itself on the
center of the carrier and "follow" the signal down.  It's a crude but
effective means of automatic doppler correction.  If there is a big fade I
might have to nudge the frequency down but the AFC does the job most of the
time.

73,

Emily