From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Glenn Blum
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:15 AM
To: Amsatbb
Subject: [amsat-bb] Steve w4epi and the group.

Just installed the pc sat telemetry decode program.Pretty slick little
program.
I already have the agwpe packet engine.Perfect setup for my Icom 821 ,
since
I have my soundcard interface hooked to it.
I would like to be able to work more of the other digital sats by using
the
agwpe packet engine, is there any other programs out there that I could
use
to work these sats?
I hope that pcsat isnt completely lost.Hate to see that happen.
Oh before I forget,
Looking at alot of posts to the amsatbb about primstar antennas;
In my area a local wireless cable provider went out of buiness and when
some
of my inlaws contacted the company to remove their antennas, their reply
was
its yours to keep.
since these antennas were of no value to my relatives I took them down
for
them.
I havent looked at the antennas closely to see who made the lna but I
had
read somewhere in the past about someone who modified something similar
for
his uo-40 downlink.
Has many sat operators have taken this approach?
Two of these antennas are about 18 inches square and one is about 36
inches
square.
Hopefully I could make one of these work for my downlink antenna to
atleast
get on uo-40.
thanks and 73s,
Glenn kd5dga