Re: Question about the IC-910H on satellite

Hello Howard,

Tuesday, August 12, 2003, 7:53:38 AM, you wrote:

I would recommend to load down the demoversion of SatPC32 from
www.amsat-dl.org. The version is full functional except you have to enter
your locator each time you stat it. With a CAT interface it will compensate
for dopplershift perfectly.

> I have the loan of an IC-910H and I had my first live go with it last night
> on FO-29. I had no problem getting it working and in the short time I played
> with it I found the Doppler adjustment method to work quite well in
> satellite mode (although I don't understand why it has to blank one of the
> displays while you manually correct for Doppler).

> I am trying to figure out if the satellite mode is of any use when operating
> FM analogue or digital birds, or if operators simply use it in non-satellite
> Duplex mode?

> 73 Howard G6LVB

73,
 Reinhard