Bali QSO party: hams in the Eastern U.S.

Many hams in the middle and eastern United States will get a good chance to
make their first satellite contact with Indonesia on August 18 from
1710-1830 UTC during the "Bali QSO party".  The window will go as far east
as the mid-Atlantic states.  Reinhard informed me that he will be using a
9-foot dish and he has a clear view of the horizon.  He believes he will be
able to make contacts down to 0 degrees elevation.

Unfortunately this is on a Monday during business hours.  Fortunately the
window is during lunchtime for hams in the Central and Mountain time zones.
Some people might be able to take a long lunch and go home to make the
contact.  Those in the Eastern time zone could take a late lunch or go home
early.  I have tree obstructions at home, so I plan to set up my portable
AO40 station in the parking lot at work where I have a clear view of the sky
down to about 2 degrees elevation.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA