Re: How to handle QSL'ing Canada and Mexico

Ronald Nutter wrote:
> I know that I can send mail to these countries with US postage but dont have
> a supply of stamps native to those countries.  Short of going to a stamp
> collecting store and paying a lot for the stamps, is there a place someone
> can recommend or should I just go via the QSL bureau ?

You can send either an IRC or a dollar or two.  US dollars are the most
accepted currency in the world.  The issue is that mailing cash can be
stolen while in transit.  That is more of a problem in the third world
than most of the civilized world.  There are a few countries where using
US currency is illegal, but that is not an issue for either Canada or
Mexico.  IRCs are acceptable from almost anywhere (in the postal system).

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/