Re: Eggbeaters vs. Potato Masher vs. Quadrifilar

>Has anyone made use of the eggbeater, potato masher or quadrifilar antennas
>to work the LEOs from tree infested areas?

Rick,
Trees are not my problem, but I can tell you that a quadrifilar pointed
straight up will cover from ~30° above the horizon with some gain...3.5db??

I used it with a relay system program to select the quad at ELs above 30°,
and horizon pointing antennas to cover up to 30°...It worked very well for
the low orbit birds...

Pick your angles!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....