Cellphones & a Real emergency

Hi  everyone, a few years back, there was a very bad flood here in our
small town, lost 7people, 400 homes and 70 bridges. Cell phones became
useless, too big a pile up, FEMA could not use their system, the only
thing that worked was our repeater  that was primarily set up for
ARES. I work the LEO sats., and really would hate to try to get into
them for an emergency.
Anna Osborn   ws4z@amsat.org
Amsat  LM 1298A