Mobile FM & GEO Why

I have found it quite a challenge to work mobile fm satellites and to date
using my IC706 and a simple UHF/VHF whip on top of the car. So far I have
managed quite well on SO-50 and UO14 whilst travelling at speeds of up to
70mph, wife driving ( I may be mad but I'm not that mad?).
I'm looking forward to the next lot of challenges on fm, true mobile to
mobile and UK to U.S. mobile. All I need now is a true low profile steerable
antenna and I  will try AO40 mobile ( Iknow others may have done it from
open topped vehicles, but I'm not allowed to drill a hole in the roof of my
Discovery.

 Remember, Insanity today is the norm tomorrow,

Mike G3LGR