RE: Mobile, FM and GEO... why ?

Hi Tony,

To be honest I not used SO-35 a lot of time. When I'm right it is the one
with the parot ??
When it is an FM satellite you can forget it above Europe. Technically you
are right, as UO-14 just switched on I made an interresting contact with
OZ1MY with extreem low power.

Today working UO-14 above Europe it is like working a satellite orbiting
Mars.
About a year ago I even couldn't work the UO-14 as it was nearly 90
elevation with 120W PEP uplink,
because someone from USSR was much stronger than me (and his distance was
much more) so you can imagine what powers are used by some main stations
!!!!!!!!!
This is not only from USSR but from many other countries, and I never work
the FM sats anymore because I get always high blood pressure when hearing
the same stations again with their none ham-spirit behavior. So, the keep
healthy I use the more interresting lineair transponders :-)

You are right that the problem is not the technical one. The problem is just
the hams themself.
With an GEO sat the foot-print is much larger, so you can imagine that the
problems will be much more.

73 de PE1RAH, William
---