Phil's FEC decoder, bplay and built in microphone

Hi all,
if anybody operates the reference decoder ao40prototype5.01 with some
kind of laptop built in microphone, I'd be very happy about some hints
to make it work. Here is my status:

Dell Inspiron 4150
Suse Linux 7.3
all libraries from Phil Karn successfully installed
ao40prototype5.01 installed
bplay 0.991 installed

rundemo works and gives very nice performance for different test
settings.

Now for the actual tlm decoding. I use the command line given in file
USAGE (and exchange bpsk_demod to dpsk_demod..) but the Es/No stays at
60 no matter what I put into the microphone.

Mixer setting was Mic input (used kmix) , sensitivity has no influence
on the Es/No 60 reading. Mic responds: if I set sensitivity and speakers
to high, I get acoustic feedback.

Any help is well appreciated..

by the way: same laptop under windows XP can use the built in microphone
for decoding telemetry quite well.. just wanted to give the 'reference
decoder' a try!

73s Achim, DH2VA