Re: Membership Drive Idea

Maggie mentioned ...
> A typical issue of the Blurb in PDF format ... runs somewhere between 1.3
and 2.5
> megabytes... My current AMSAT News is three times as many pages.

I'm not fully versed on how a PDF file is created but the 32 page AMSAT
Journal
PDF file is generally 2.5 - 3.3 MB.  The "raw" PageMaker files that contain
the
original layout range in size between 75 - 100 MB depending upon the
graphics
content.

Now, at about $30 per ink jet cartridge, you'll be paying a lot per page if
you
decided you wanted hard copy.  Then, on the other hand, you could just print
the
selected pages that got your attention.

The BoD and officers are weighing all the other costs for electronic
publishing.
I just put it together.

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ
Editor, AMSAT Journal