AO-40 dish

Has anyone tried a surplus Starpoint dish for AO-40? I just got one. It is
about 6 feet in diameter and appears to be parabolic. I is aluminum and has
no covering over the dish. The dish is made up of aluminum tubing, bent to
conform to the design curve of the dish, spaced about two inches apart. The
tubing is about 1/2 inch diameter. The dish was originally used in the 1800
- 2200 MHz range (or there abouts). The dish still has the feed mounted to
it and it appears to be a helix (cannot tell for sure without taking it
apart). The cable termination to the feed will take some rework as I think
it is what is called a pin connector. It has a flange about three inches in
diameter and the hard line had an termination on it that mated with this. I
think I can fabricate a disk to mate with the flange, mount a type N
connector on it, and solder a pin to the center of the type N connector to
mate with the center of the pin connector. Harder to describe than do, I think.

Any thoughts? Pointing might be a problem. Thought of building a yripod
mounted to the dish and manually point it for the major part of the pass.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV