Re: NOVA and KCT cpu utilization issues

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:27:32PM -0400, Steve Meuse wrote:
> I don't buy the heavy CPU thing. I remember running instantrack on an 8086
> with no issues. It's something to do with the Kansas City Tracker and Nova.
> When I disable the rotor interface the CPU returns back to normal.

I am experiencing a similar problem with Nova and the KCT card. The
people I work with think it's a problem with the Windows NT/2k scheduler
and the way Nova interacts with the card. So I will only leave the Nova
rotator interface enabled during passes.

If anyone has a better workaround or a solution, I'm interested in
hearing it.

73,
-Daniel, VA3KKZ