re: covering

I'm using aviary wire over a BBQ dish with decent results.  What's called
'aviary wire' out here in California looks like chicken wire, but the
hexagons are spaced 1/2" (13mm) apart, as opposed to 1" or 2" spacing for
what we call 'chicken wire' around here.  (It's also sometimes sold as
'gopher wire' but i don't recommend it for long term use underground, as
i'm told the critters can get through it after 3-5 years of being buried.)
If i've done my math right, i think that's about 1/10 of a wavelength at
2.4 GHz.
			       -- KD6PAG