NOVA and KCT cpu utilization issues

I'm using NOVA 2.1v and the Kansas City Tracker. When I configure the KCT,
the CPU utilization immediately hangs around 100% utilization. I can still
do other things with the machine, but it's a tad on the slow side. The
machine is a Compaq P3 350Mhz with 384megs of Ram. I've tried disabling all
the onboard peripherals but that doesn't seem to help at all.

I've tried looking online, but there doesn't seem to be much in google
about the KCT. Any info would be appreciated.

-Steve
N1JFU